Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012 and Christmas Quilts used this year

Happy New Year - Merry Christmas ... Happy Holidays!!

I missed posting the Christmas quilts I have and decorated with, so here they are:

Mary Engelbreit Christmas Quilt- The pattern is from the book "Seaside Cottage" by Teri Christopherson. The quilt pattern is called "Sand Castles". I've made a couple from this pattern since they turn out so cute:

I think I bought some or all of the fabric up in Big Bear, CA at a crafts store... It's Mary Englebreight and it's Christmas candies...I love to go fabric shopping while the family is skiing/snowboarding!

In The Meadow We Can Build a Snowman - I think this pattern was from a book and I'm not sure if I own it or if a friend owns it. We were going to make these together. The pattern and quilt are a lot bigger and we thought we were so smart to make it smaller... What a pain in the butt! We did the applique patterns and cut down the blocks and the two didn't fit. I remade the background blocks to fit the applique and got the whole quilt together similar to the pattern... I love the quilting on this one!


This was done with the buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine for the applique. I'm glad it's finished!!

Dancing with the Stars - This was made in a class at Paradise Sewing in Poway, CA. It took me a few months after the class to get the back done and the quilt quilted and then bound. I'm very happy with the finished product! I love the material and colors.

I'm working on my resolutions for the new year. I have some of them written down... things like organizing all of my quilt information, making one quilt out of every book I own. Making one of every pattern I own... and most of all, using  up as much of my stash as I can... I should have my list before the end of the week so I'll come back and post that. I would also like to post here at least once a week, so we'll see how that one works!

No comments:

Post a Comment