Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Decorations

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a total of 9 people for dinner and we cooked some very good food! My husband smokes all of the meat in his smokers. We started brining our turkey a couple of years ago - it's the best thing we've done and will never cook another bird without brining!

I didn't take any pictures that day (what was I thinking???!), so I thought I'd share the quilts that I used to decorate our house.

Fall leaves - pattern using pineapple blocks with leaf and acorn applique:
(I have a 2nd top like this in work- pineapple blocks are foundation pieced...just need to do the applique but thinking I may leave them off as it's thick with the foundation.) Most of the fabrics came from MN, I think...

This was draped over the old Singer Sewing machine cabinet.

Next Pumpkins Gone Wild:
This was super easy to make...a Pumpkins Gone Wild jelly roll, the Cozy Quilt Strip Tube Ruler and free directions to make the Daniela block. My LAQ quilted with pumpkins!!! Detail of quilting:
See the pumpkins in the brown border? They are soooooo cute!

We had to put two tables together to seat everyone. Beforehand, I had the tables separate and had runners and decorations on each. One table had this runner from last year:
It's really a Sunflower block/kit from Fat Quarters Quilt shop. I think it's from the 2010 San Diego run, but it may be a year or two earlier...I really should have written on this when I finished it! I stitched it in the ditch to finish. I love the colors - they are more fall-like so I used it as a runner.

This is a border print runner. I previously showed the pattern, etc on my blog. This fabric I bought while in MN during the summer and made a ton of runners. Here's the one I kept for me:
These are so easy. Get the pattern and the 60 degree ruler. You can make one in a couple of hours! I love the ruler and have used it with other patterns so it's worth the investment.

That's all from here! My machine actually broke last Monday and I can pick it up tomorrow. I'll get back on the Christmas gift sewing quick before the tree goes up...my daugher won't let that happen until December. Did you know December starts later this week???! YIKES!!!

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment