Sunday, January 22, 2012

2.5 inch blocks

I think I said this before... I've cut up a bunch of fabric scraps into 2.5 inch blocks. I've been collecting patterns that work with these blocks...and I have three projects in work using them.

The first is going to be a red, white, and blue stars quilt that interlock like plus signs. I've seen both kinds of quilts and started piecing some blocks. No pictures yet...but soon.

The second are scrappy hearts in pink and purple. I have three blocks made so far. The first block I made just sewing things together ... but had some of the same fabrics touching. So, the next two blocks  I laid out and they look better..and were faster on the sewing portion. Here they are:
My daughter thinks the purple one needs some lighter purples...

The third quilt I started is similar to a QAL going on right now on the web. I don't have the link or address, so lame of me. They are making the center portion right now and the entire quilt is a lot bigger. I had the same idea but using my 2.5 inch squares...and just two "colors"... I wanted to make a scrappy green star table topper for St. Patrick's Day. Here it is:

I LOVE this!! It turned out just the way I had envisioned...only a little bit better!! It's 40 inches square so it'll be perfect.

My projects for the rest of this week are to sew more on the first two scrappy projects...and to get backings ironed and cut to shape. I have fabric for 4 or 5 tops...I'm excited to get some quilts done and ready to get quilted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment