Sunday, January 22, 2012

Black/White/Red Quilt - 1st Finish for 2012!

I finished my first quilt this year. Is it a finish when all the work is done in 2011 except for the binding? Well, here it is:
The quilt was started with the black and white centers of the blocks. These were pieced from a black and white checked fabric that were leftover after some cutting. I like the way they looked so I put triangles on either side to make the blocks. I added in the red as the black and white was getting a little blah. I bought the border fabric for something else and used the leftovers here...and on the back.

The binding was made by my friend who gave it to me when she moved. I found it cleaning/organizing my stash a couple of weeks ago. The binding turned out to be the perfect size. Here's the back:

The back was left over black and white fabrics. I love the quilting on this one which you can see really well on the black fabric on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment