Monday, August 26, 2013

2 Finishes

I used to be so organized. I'd start a quilt and start a paper record of my start date, important dates in the project and the cost of making the quilt or project... Now I'm lucky if I get a picture and sometimes I fill out my online book so that I have the information on record. I have been trying to blog about all of my quilt projects and that way I can go back and fill out my records...

My big fail is that I delivered a completed quilt to a lifelong friend and didn't take one single picture. Not of the fabric. Not of the top in progress or even completed. And definitely not of the completed quilt ... crazy! I was so excited that my LAQ had finished the quilt before vacation. I sewed on the binding before leaving and packed the rest of my binding supplies so that I could hand finish the back. I did finish the back while on vacation and delivered the quilt the last morning in MN. Yep, not one picture of the actual quilt. It was a "Cindy Lou Who" quilt from a Schnibbles pattern...very similar to this quilt:


The quilt was made with two "Sweet Treat" fat quarter bundles from the Pincushion Boutique. I bought them at the Houston International Quilt Show in November. The two bundles were "Love That Panda" and Pandarama II". They had panda fabric that had red and green backgrounds... go figure! I also used white and black in the quilt and put a final border of a black and white print fabric, which was also used as the binding. Leftover Panda fabric purchased online was used for the backing...The quilt was approximately 47.5 square.  The quilt was given to my friend who loves Pandas and has a December birthday. She loved it!
 
My second quilt finish is for a friend who is anticipating the birth of her 2nd child, a girl, in a week or so. When asked by her father (also a friend of mine) what the nursery colors were going to be, I was told pink, gray, white and the theme would be woodland creatures. I had made a quilt for her 1st born son with some cute embroidered woodland creatures. I had to look online to find some fabric choices but found the fabric close to home at Rosies Calico Cupboard (a must stop quilt store if you're in the San Diego area). Here's the finished quilt:
The pattern is from Anka's Treasure Livin' Large book. The pattern is called "Pretty in Pink" - I modified it a bit and left off the applique... Here's a close up of the "focus" fabric:
Can you see the woodland creatures? They are a bit modern, but I like them and the quilt. The quilting has loops and leaves and other freehand creations! This quilt measures about 42 x 45 and is in a box ready to take to the post office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment