Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I love technology

Especially when I remember how to do something easier and faster. The other night, I was trying to upload photos from my digital camera. I just did this back in January...but where was the darn cord that went from the camera to the computer? I like to put things back into the same place so I never need to hunt for them. Do you lose your keys? I never do because I always put them back in the same place. So, after looking three time in the usual place for the cord, I looked...as suggested by my DH... in the box of cords by the desktop computer. Wow, there was the cord. So, I cabled up the camera and computer...and the computer kept giving me an error message. Again, I'd done this within the past two months...why was it not working! Finally, it dawned on me... those clever people at Toshiba had installed a port into the front of my laptop to plug in my memory stick from the camera. Duh!! In a flash, files were copied over AND deleted from the stick.

A couple of months ago, I started making two baby quilts for new moms-to-be. Again, technology became a stumbling block. I had an old embroidery machine and used a Magic Box to download the embroidery files to a card that then inserted into my machine. Not a problem, right? well... the box did not want to work with the new laptop running Windows 7. So yes, I had two laptops and the magic box to download files. After getting done with both quilts, I bought a new combo sewing and embroidery (and quilting of course) machine. It allows me to pop in a USB stick with files on it. I've been sewing like crazy and this weekend, I'll pop on the embroidery parts and try it out.

Here's a coworkers baby quilt at her work baby shower... (forgot to get a picture before I wrapped it up!)
It has baby zoo animals that are appliqued while embroidered. I've made this same pattern in hot pink/teal/lime and it was sooooooo cute!!

and here's the second quilt for a mom-to-be that I've know since she was a teenager. 
I love these patterns! I would make this one again - especially now that I can upload all 12 files as one time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment