Friday, January 1, 2016

Pickle Dish Quit, aka Never Again #1

I finished this quilt top back in 2013. I didn't realize I had not done anything with it for a year - so sad. I took the quilt and plain white backing to a LAQ back in September and finally picked it up a couple of days before Christmas (not the LAQ's fault - totally mine for the delay). It's one of the most expensive quilting jobs I've had done...and you'll see why when you see the quilt:
I had to go outside to get some sunlight as my tree is still up and blocking the sun...hopefully, the tree will come down today as it was undecorated last night! Anyway, this is the finished Pickle Dish quilt. The pattern was from a Kaffe Faucett (sp?) book - I gave the book away to a friend visiting who loves Kaffe... I did keep some of the information on how to make the blocks as I may do this one again...
All of the fabrics are "leftovers" from other projects. I used a variety of whites and a plain white for the backing. I found a smaller piece of white fabric to cut up for the binding...
This quilt has double batting which leads to the Never Again #1 notation. The binding was so hard to hand finish on the back. I don't think I'll ever do a double batting again. It makes the quilting pop - but my poor finger hurts.
Here's the back - so you can see all of the quilting:


This quilt is about 46" square - so table topper size. Here's close ups of both front and back...


I don't know why but the back photos are coming into this post really big. I've resized them and from the preview they look the same as the front... hopefully it will stay that way when posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment