Sunday, May 31, 2015

Horses, Lap Size Quilt

While in northern MN a couple of years ago for a family reunion, we took a little trip to the quilt shop. My DH actually found a line of fabric with horses that we all loved...so I bought yardage. Some yardage was all they had of a certain pattern. One of the patterns had large "blocks" so I used that as a jumping off point and designed this quilt top myself. Here's the top:

and a close up of the top...



For the back, I had some left over blocks from the first king size quilt I made him. The color palette for that was blue and brown. I added to the blocks to get a backing:



The quilting done is called "water" or something like that. I think the thread is a gray with hints of blue in tone.

The quilt measures 62 x 80. My cousin converted his garage into a bar and the intent of this quilt is to go into the bar. We'll see what he does with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment