Sunday, May 31, 2015

Courthouse Steps Table Runner

I've always love the courthouse steps block. I had a huge number of strips leftover from Costa Maya, so I used Electric Quilt software to print out a paper pieced block. The block itself finished at 6 inches...so I think the strips are less than 1" finished...



I quilted this one myself. I used a squiggly pattern on my machine and made it as big as possible, both length and width. I think sewed down the middle of each "log" in both directions. I love the way it turned out. Here's a close up of the top:



For the back, I took extra fabric I had from all of my "Doug" projects, cut some bigger squares- I think 5" - and pieced them together. I like the way it turned out...he could potentially even use it this way too!



This runner measures 12 1/2 by 48 1/2. I hope he likes it!

That's all of the finished projects I'm posting for today. time to get some dinner and start on the next projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment