Monday, September 17, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE my design wall!!!

(sure wish I could fix the picture issue!!)

I love having a design wall! I've completed so many tops and improved on some layouts I thought would be good. They were made even better when I could lay them out and look at them from a distance.

This weekend, I made a top of four orphan Ohio star blocks - I can't even tell you where the fabric came from! It's a cute little top.

Then, I made some nine patch blocks in black and white to use with some string blocks... NO it was horrible. So, I made some other strip blocks and now have a cool quilt top (well, almost I do have the rows together!) in just black and white.

Then, I wanted to make the quit "Cindy Lou Who" From Carrie Nelson's book "Another Bite of Schnibbles". (If you go here:  http://www.missrosiesquiltco.com/Schnibbles.html the quilt on the left is Cindy Lou Who...cute, huh??? Christmassy but not in your face!) So....I pulled out all of my left over Sweetwater "Countdown to Christmas" fabric and went to town...except there were four blocks I just couldn't get figured out. Up on the design wall in went in stages and then POP I was able to figure out those 4 blocks! All of the blocks are up waiting for the black and white rows to get done so that I can use my row markers on Cindy Lou Who.

Next up with be a Halloween runner for my sister. She found a cute runner of witch's hats. I've looked online and at a couple of shops, but haven't found the pattern. So, I'm making it up. Hopefully it'll turn out well and she'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment