Sunday, April 3, 2016

2016 UFO Challenge - March Update and April start

Well, technically, March was a fail... I don't have any progress on the two March projects. The Nordic stars is still sitting in a pile... fabric and pattern waiting. I didn't do anything on Pickle Dish #2. I did complete the February quilt top Burgoyne Surrounded. It's 57" square...and I may measure the rest of the fabric to use as the back...although I'd really like to make a 4 block version which is predominantly red... we'll see.


I spent the month making hats for my cousin. She's going through another round of chemo and needs summer hats. She sent me two patterns to use and I made about 10 hats... I'll make her more, but I had to stop for a week and get my sewing machine cleaned...


I also made a couple of potato bags to make baked potatoes in the microwave...I also want to make some microwave bowl potholders. I found a couple of patterns for this and after heating up leftovers at work last week, these are going to the top of the list! Plus I have some placemats and coasters to make too...


The April number is 1 - which for me means Baby Quilt and Hawaiian Runner #2. The baby quilt is for someone I work with and has to be done before the beginning of May if I can... The Hawaiian Runner would be similar to two I made for a friend. They have little girls and boys holding hands and a great print - that I found more of in a shop and bought some extra! I made the runners for the twin beds in her guest room. I wanted to make one for me...so maybe having two smaller projects for this month - I'll make some progress. I also need to get in gear and make shirts for my husband. He's been very patient...and I could use some of the leftovers for the baby quilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment