Monday, July 25, 2011

3 tops at the quilter

I almost forgot about these... After vacation, I also spent time making backings for three quits. Tell me this tho...how come I can make a top in a day but a back takes 5 times longer???!! Goes to show how fast you can get something done when you like what you're doing... Anyway, here's the three tops previously posted that are now with the talented Wendy Knight for quilting.

Black/white/red: This is a top that I made up. I had used a black and white check fabric for something and I had these strips leftover with what I thought was a cool design...

I love the black and white quilts with a pop of color, so I added some red to this one.

Park Avenue Happy Quilter QAL: This was an online quilt along that I saw the quilt tops online and loved how they turned out. So I printed the pattern and used some Park Avenue charm packs I had AND I then bought some yardage. Here's the results


OK, the picture only shows quarter of the results...but still. I'm waiting until it comes back and then I'm going to buy more yardage for the binding. Yep, I made the mistake of using up all of the scraps for the backing and now I have maybe a 5 inch square left of two fabrics. Sigh, I have to buy more fabrics...darn!!

White & scrappy: I have to find out if I made this one up or saw it somewhere...I just don't remember as I pieced it so long ago:
Again, it's made of pre-cut 2.5 inch squares. I loved it and didn't feel like it needed a border to finish it. I love quilts with white backgrounds. I think they look so fresh!

Now, I'm caught up!! Well, at least online.

No comments:

Post a Comment