Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1 more top and a finish - 14 years later

I hadn't posted in awhile and wanted to get something online. I must be pretty tired as I wrote this...and put  myself to sleep. Maybe next post will be more exciting. For now, here's what I've done lately.

I saw this quilt on a blog and I loved the layout. The directions were posted and were very easy. My fabric is a charm pack and yardage of "Park Avenue" by Moda (love this fabric!). The beige is a Moda Marble (my favorite to use instead of solids!). The top went together very quickly ... and I plan on using my leftover yardage for the backing.

Here's the 14 year finish... This was a quilt top inherited from my mom when she passed away. My goal this year is to get at least 2 quilt tops made into finished quilts this year. I have 6 quilt tops left... So, this is the first quilt for this year, the 2nd total from mom's unfinished projects. (An earlier posting will have the first quilt - Tree of Life.)

Wendy Knight, long-arm quilter goddess, made the feathered wreaths in between the tulips in vases.  This quilt still needs to be laundered as there are spots on it - hope they come out!
And yep, it needs a name... I'll work on that this summer so I can get the back labeled too...

No comments:

Post a Comment