Tuesday, March 1, 2016

2016 UFO Challenge - February update, March start

I've been thinking about this post for a week, but thought I'd wait until March 1 to also post what projects are up for March. First, February update...


My projects were placemats and Burgoyne Surround. I did very well on the placemats - I was able to complete 8 of them! I'll get pictures posted soon - they turned out so cute! They will be a gift for an occasion in April, so it's cool that they are done. I made progress on the Burgoyne Surround. I'm going to use the pattern from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine February 2014 issue called Tone it Down - only I'm not going to make mine scrappy. I'm going to try and make two small quilts - one with a red background and one with a teal background... Both are using Bonnie & Camille's new fabric line...there was a quilt run that started last Friday and I bought the fabric during the run. We're down to 10 local stores, so I completed it in two days. I only bought tools and some fabrics for specific projects...and a couple of gifts.


March's number is 3:
Nordic Stars / Dala Horse and Pickle Dish #2. Well, cool. I also picked up some fabrics for the Nordic Star pattern. It was in American Patchwork & Quilting's December 2013 issue called Nordic Snowflakes. I have the most gorgeous red batik so use...I used it as a small border on the Hawaiian quilt runners...and I found more during the quilt run! The Dala Horse - well I think I have a pattern. I was actually going to combine them into some kind of a quilt - so we'll see - or I may make two small quilts.  I finally got the first pickle dish quilt done early this year. It was quilted beautifully. I thought of making a 2nd one before the quilting... this one would be smaller and I'd quilt it myself. Here's the 1st one...
At this point, I don't plan on getting this quilt done in a month. The first one took me several months...just to foundation piece the arcs!!


So first 2 months down, and only 2 projects done...but you know what - I still feel like I'm making good progress!!


I have also been working on my latest Swedish Weaving afghan during the week. It's really extensive having both vertical and horizontal rows. I'm almost done with 2 skeins of yarn...and only 1/2 of the horizontal and 1 vertical rows are done...it's looking really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment