Sunday, January 24, 2016

January UFO Challenge Progress - Ombre Dutchman / Mini Red & White

I thought I'd check in as January is almost over. I haven't done a lot of quilting, but I have progress on my 2 UFO Challenge projects.



First - Ombre Dutchman - I have a completed quilt top! I love it! The directions were a bit misleading as sometimes I think the pattern referred to making 1 block instead of 2 per color... At any rate, I was able to make my 4 HUGE blocks for the quilt - can I say it again? I love it! Here's a picture of the top:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgdSYoyehHIyBnIyec0pLlUxW7JVnK_DRDmJFWlo2a3VfVnje-Morm5_IanwcOHNEYOMKGqyIyqORKEbVLFVTMmGffVnnTSmMZrXI3Vdci8Fg-vFX-hr4NDAAibTiwExNC3BofnIYuDpxUm/s320/P1030773.JPG

I needed a bit more of the white backing, so I had to add to a couple of the left over triangles to make them bigger and be able to use them. Here's a close up of a couple of the blocks:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgjh_3kSuRQ_g_ulCTom1PBXufKKfBFAqaQnElzza9Lj_DKnfMo2AIRzcxQ_9SIcb1AM7KPI9SxPjuPifz1CyK6fzbEFN-Pjy_waJAgS5hz_vHkW0KqO23lHoMor2DjcXJL-QcJ5PAptGqE/s320/P1030775.JPG

I just love how I arranged the ombre blocks. The top is about 48" square.


I've been working on the back. In my true fashion, I've been using up the leftovers from this project. There's a 1/2 yard of pink ombre and the left over white triangles. Oh, and using the left over ombre triangles. I've got a gray batik that I'm using also, so we'll see what happens. I've got the bigger blocks together in a cool double pinwheel block. I'm working with the small extra triangles that are in a hourglass layout. Hopefully, I can get everything pulled together for the back.


Second - Mini Red & White - Sad to say, no progress on this one at all to date. I haven't even looked for it to tell the truth! There is hope -  since it's so small - that I just may still get it done in January. It's just second to the Ombre Dutchman!


I have been working on a new Swedish Weaving pattern and a cross stitch pattern...something easier to work on evenings after work. When I get further along, I'll post something.

No comments:

Post a Comment