Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hexie Sampler

The last quilt I received back a couple of weeks ago is one I'm calling Hexie Sampler. The hexie blocks are in the book Sizzlin' 60s by Heather Mulder Peterson. Her quilt patterns all use the same patterns. I wanted to try a bunch of them, so I made some of each of different styles. Here's the top of the quilt:

It took me a long time and many different layouts before I came to this one...and I love the way it turned out. Here's a close up of the middle:


Can you see the quilting? It's awesome!! Here's an even closer shot:


For the back, I took the left over jelly roll strips and tried a chevron layout I saw on the web. It was truly easy! No 1/2 square triangles - just strips cut and then laid out on point... I ended up with a long thin strip, so I cut it in 1/2, and put a white strip in the middle and then on both ends. It looks great I think. Here's a look:


I know, bit light...so here's a close up:


and even closer as it's a great shot of the quilting:


This quilt measures 48 x 64 so it's a good lap size.

All 5 of the last quilts completed will be put away for now until after the holidays...with the exception of my new Christmas quilt...that's coming out for show this holiday!!!

I have some small table topper projects to get done - at least 1 I'd like to get done as a present...so we'll see. The rest of this weekend will be spent getting ready for Thanksgiving...and that includes cleaning up the sewing space since it's also the living room!




No comments:

Post a Comment