Saturday, August 31, 2013

Star Surround QAL - Top finished!

I finished my top today! It turned out so awesome! Here's a photo:
The top finished at 48.5 inches square... All of the fabrics are from my stash and I'm loving every one of them. I don't know if I'll be able to quilt this one myself, or take it to my LAQ and put it in rotation. I am going to try some machine quilting during this long weekend as I have lots of little projects that I can work on... I've done a lot of straight line or follow the shape quilting...but I'm sure this one would look great with something else...not sure what yet, but since it's on my design wall I can look at it for awhile and maybe inspiration will come!

I do have a couple of other projects to piece...which means lot of ironing---I'm so thankful for AC as it was 100 degrees on my back patio today...Hello fall - hahaha.

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt top looks awesome! Great choice for colors! This has been a fun QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yours too! I loved the changes you made...very cool design!

      Delete
  3. It is just stunning!!! I so love the colors you have put together in each grouping. Every single block just pops!! And your points look fantastic. Huge pat on the back for a fantastic finish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! This was a fun QAL. I'd do another one with you! This is a cool block just to make a single as a table topper! I really enjoyed your flying geese method - I've been wanting to try it and it worked great!

      Delete