Sunday, August 12, 2012

String Clean Finish

I finished this quilt on August 4th. I was going to blog about it last weekend, but we had other plans. Here's String Clean:

This quilt is about 60" square - a little too big for my table at work and a little too square for other uses. I think it's a decorating type of quilt. I've got another similar pattern to make - maybe with smaller blocks? The quilting is custom and is wavy lines following the stings. Here's a close up on one of the blocks:

The  quilting gives the front lots of great texture and here's the back:

Cool huh?

I also finished my Sparkle Stars. I loved it so much I took that one to work and it's on my table. When I bring it home (after Labor Day, most likely...), I'll take pictures and post them. I still have 3 more quilts at the LAQ - almost brought another one home but as we were looking at it, she noticed a bad run of bobbin thread. She's so cool in that she's going to fix just that little area. Talk about attention to detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment