Sunday, June 24, 2012

2 Finishes - Rainbow Feathered Star & Tropical Dreams @ Night #2

I dropped off these two quilts a few weeks ago. I got them both back a week or so ago - it took me that long to finish the binding. Usually, I get the binding done within a day of a finish... We had a bunch of other stuff going on for the past couple of weeks, so it took longer to get an evening or two to apply the binding.

First - Rainbow Feathered Star:
The rainbow fabrics are all hand dyed. The pattern came free with the fabric bundle. I added in the flying geese and plain black border. Then it sat waiting for another border. I finally gave up making it bigger and decided it's a good size for a table top.  The quilting by my LAQ is fab-u-lous! Here's a close up:
I love the quilting!!! It's a really great green color. The binding took me about 3 hours total.

The second quilt finish is called Tropical Dreams at Night #2. It's the second time I've made this quilt. I loved the first one so much I needed to make another one. The first one was donated for a fundrasier auction. Here's the 2nd version:
Isn't it great??!! I love the quilting on this one too! It's a great gold thread color. Here's a close up:
So maybe it doesn't photograph as well...but it's spectacular!!! The binding took me about 4 hours total.

I love finishing quilts!!



No comments:

Post a Comment