Monday, July 25, 2011

Lots of projects

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. It's been a busy month! I had a couple of projects to finish before vacation. Then went on a nearly two week vacation with my family. I came back to home/work and a very busy schedule. I bought a ton of cute kits on vacation...and had some commitments to get done before doing "fun" sewing. I did get a quilt back from the quilter and bound during the first week back. Then I made a baby quilt (baby shower is tomorrow) in about 2 weeks start to finish. Then I sewed two runners and a quilt top. Let's get to some pictures of all of my projects...

I call this "4-patch". It's really called Knickerbocker Glory from the book Jelly Roll Inspirations by Pam and Nicky Lintott:
and yep, I made so many blocks, I have enough to make another quilt. I just have to decide what the outer fabric will be and get that ironed and cut... I love these series of books. I've made a couple of quilts from this book and have a couple more of their books to work from...

Baby quilt: this is based on a bedding group the proud, happy grandmother showed me. I have a set of applique/embroidery zoo animals from Embroidery Library that are really, really cute and I've used them a ton. This time, I only used the one animal:

Monkeys!! The back of this one was made making a "disappearing 9-patch" block. It was super easy! I think I did the back in about 3 hours total... It's worth a photo also:

I like to bind baby quilts with the satin blanket binding. It's harder to get on the quilt, but I love the finished look and feel. My kids loved satin borders on their blankets when they were young.

This runner was made from a fabric kit I picked up in MN during vacation. The pattern is from the book Sizzlin' Sixties by Heather Mulder Peterson/Anka's Treasures:

I loved everything about this! The kit is 2010 MN quilt run fabric kitted by The Quilt Parlour Quilt Shop in Jenkins, MN. I pre-paid for a couple of yards of material from this year's run at the same time as the run starts this Friday...almost a month after we were there...

I also bought the border fabric for this runner. I have the pattern (previous post - Easy Striped Table Runner from The Quilt Company). My cousin liked the fabric so I'm making a runner for his table as a thank you for hosting us. Here's the runner so far (top only):

I did buy enough of this to make myself one too. I love this pattern! It's very easy. I love this fabric too! It's even better in person!

Lastly, I made this quilt top:

It's the same quilt as one that I made and donated to a friend's silent auction to benefit her daughter's high school choir. I loved this quilt. The pattern is Tropical Dreams and was in the February 2011 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting (one of my favorite magazines). I've been making 2.5 inch squares out of scraps and this quilt was made just with those scraps...plus the black marble background. I still have TONS of squares so I'm still looking for more patterns. The cool thing is ...since I had the squares pre-cut, this quilt was started Sunday afternoon and I finished it tonight (Monday)...and I only did an hours worth of work today!! I did stop at the 2.5 inch border as I like how that finishes this version off vs the additional border in the pattern. At this size, I can use it on my round table at work...

Now back to sewing. So much to do, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment